Overview of the Organization
Greater Women Initiative for Health And Rights (GWIHR) is a leading sex worker-led community-based organization born out of passion and a strong desire to assist in the development of sex workers through building up their capacity towards meaningful contribution to communal empowerment, awareness to prevent these groups from contracting HIV/AIDs and other life threaten diseases, contribute in reducing of the rate of stigma and discrimination of sex workers living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) and further fight against all forms of violation towards sex workers in Nigeria.
Call for Applications
Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers State
Appointment Type: Full Time
Duration: 36 months
Project Type: GBV and Human Rights Responses
Application Open Date: 25thAugust 2022
Application End Date: 31st August 2022.
- Coordinating and provision of technical assistant for human rights programming and law reforms.
- Organises and ensures the success stories of outreaches/seminars towards the key/target population on the prevailing issues, causes and prevention strategies of human rights violations.
- Provide direct oversight/supervision to paralegals to ensure their adherence to implementation guidelines in their various assigned LGAs of operation.
- Organizes and engage community of stakeholders in sensitization and advocacy programs.
- Ensure regular update of the organizations’ database with activities.
- Ready to carry out other job functions as may be directed by the executive director.
i. Basic Requirements
- Must be a young female and not more than 25years.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor's Degree in Law. A post graduate qualification or completed certificate courses in Project Management will be an added advantage.
- She must be a sex worker or 100% community friendly especially working with sex workers.
- She must have completed the mandatory one-year National Youth Service Corps.
- She must have an advanced knowledge in the use of Microsoft packages (word, excel and PowerPoints).
- She must have good knowledge of statistical data analysis and presentation.
- Finally, she must possess at least four (4) years’ experience implementing programs for sex workers in any registered Health and Right focused non-profit organization in Nigeria.
ii. Other Requirements
Applicants should possess the following skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English Language.
- Leadership and teamwork spirit.
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet tight schedules under minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedule to meet required targets within specified deadlines.
- Excellent in time management
Method of Application
Qualified candidates who meet the above-stipulated conditions should email their CVs and Cover letters as one pdf document to email@example.com with job title “Program Officer- Rivers State” on or before 31st August, 2022..
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted for physical interviews and assessments.