Overview of the Organization
Greater Women Initiative for Health And Rights (GWIHR) is a leading sex worker-led community-based organization born out of passion and a strong desire to assist in the development of sex workers through building up their capacity towards meaningful contribution to communal empowerment, awareness to prevent these groups from contracting HIV/AIDs and other life threaten diseases, contribute in reducing of the rate of stigma and discrimination of sex workers living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) and further fight against all forms of violation towards sex workers in Nigeria.
Call for Applications
Location: Abia State
Appointment Type: Full Time
Duration: 24 months
Project Type: HIV and Human Right Services
Application Open Date: 11th March 2021
Application End Date: 14th March 2022.
HUMAN RIGHT AND GENDER OFFICER
- Promoting respect for human rights in all aspects for sex workers
- Regularly document reports of human right violations against sex workers
- Support gender mainstreaming and identify other specific gender issues faced by sex workers
- Provide the necessary technical expertise to the mission components on gender mainstreaming strategies, including expanding analytical capacity and developing gender-sensitive policies and programs;
- Liaise, coordinate and monitor project activities with state human rights commission institutions;
- Identify and specify human rights and gender needs for advisory services and technical cooperation;
- Prepare analytical briefings, briefing notes and reports to State Ministry of Justice on gender and human rights issues specific to violations against sex workers human rights.
- Provide training and guidance to inform the development of gender-sensitive policies and operational tools.
- Contribute to the consolidation and documentation of good practices and lessons learned from the programme for peace and security of human rights, gender and sex workers’ rights and ensure their integration into policy development and review processes;
- Perform any other tasks as directed by the supervisor.
- Applicants must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
- She/he must be 100% community-friendly
- She/he must have completed the mandatory one-year National Youth Service Corps
- She/he must possess at least four (4) years of experience implementing programs for human rights protection in any registered Right focused non-profit organization in Nigeria.
- She/he must demonstrate and show evidence of human rights cases handled in the past 2 years.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates who meet the above-stipulated conditions should email their CVs and Cover letters as one pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title “Human Right and Gender Officer- Abia State” on or before 30th January 2022.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted for physical interviews and assessment.