Overview of the Organization
Greater Women Initiative for Health And Rights (GWIHR) is a leading sex worker-led community-based organization born out of passion and a strong desire to assist in the development of sex workers through building up their capacity towards meaningful contribution to communal empowerment, awareness to prevent these groups from contracting HIV/AIDs and other life threaten diseases, contribute in reducing of the rate of stigma and discrimination of sex workers living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) and further fight against all forms of violation towards sex workers in Nigeria.
Baseline Study Consultant
Greater Women Initiative for Health and Rights is seeking qualified individuals or firms to conduct a baseline study as part of our ISDAO project. We are looking for experienced professionals with a strong background in conducting baseline studies and evaluating development projects.
The ISDAO project Changing the Narrative (FOFA-CAN) is a 24 months sex workers-led intervention that focuses on establishing evidence to foster the reform of legislation that eliminates discriminatory laws that hinder sex workers' access to SRHR services in Rivers State. In addition, the project will promote sex workers' access to justice and help change behavior that perpetuates and fosters discrimination against sex workers based on a choice of job, sexual orientation, and gender identity expression. Hence there is a need to expose underlying social norms and policies and lead strategic advocacies to combat these discriminatory laws in Rivers State. The aim of this baseline study is to establish a comprehensive understanding of the current situation and provide a benchmark for measuring project outcomes and impacts. The study will involve collecting and analyzing data.
Location: Port Harcourt
Appointment Type: Contract
Project Type: Human Right Services
Duration: Three(3) Months
Application Open Date: 1st May 2023
Application End Date: 31st May 2023.
- Designing the study methodology, including data collection tools and sampling techniques.
- Conducting field research, which may involve interviews, surveys, focus group discussions, and data collection from various sources.
- Analyzing data and preparing a comprehensive baseline report that includes findings, recommendations, and actionable insights.
- Collaborating with the project team to ensure alignment with project objectives and timelines.
- Presenting study findings to stakeholders and participating in relevant meetings or workshops.
i. Basic Requirements
- Applicants must have a minimum of six (6) years’ experience in conducting baseline studies or similar research projects.
- Applicants must be experts in research methodologies, data collection techniques, and analysis.
- Applicants must have strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex data.
- Applicants must have excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Applicant will have familiarity with sex work industry.
- Applicant having experience working with sex workers is preferred.
ii. Other Requirements
Applicants should possess the following skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English Language.
- Leadership and teamwork spirit.
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet tight schedules under minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedule to meet required targets within specified deadlines.
- Excellent in time management
Method of Application
Qualified candidates who meet the above-stipulated conditions should email the following documents
- A detailed curriculum vitae highlighting relevant experience and qualifications.
- A cover letter expressing your interest, outlining your approach to conducting the baseline study, and highlighting your relevant experience.
- Samples of previous reports or studies conducted. to email@example.com with the job title “Baseline Study- Rivers State” on or before 20th May 2023.
Note: Only qualified candidates or firms will be contacted for physical interviews and assessments.